Keeping in mind that I haven't had true French Onion soup in 10 years (since we went vegetarian), I really liked this soup! Perhaps a little salty? But maybe that's a benefit, since you're supposed to float croutons in it. I didn't pre-slice or toast the baguettes, but that was an option. The mushroom pate was phenomenal on the baguettes as well.
Speaking of baguettes, this round (with fresh yeast) was much better than last week's! I also added a smidge more water to the dough, and it rose beautifully. Unfortunately, my oven got too hot, so the tops got too brown. 20 hours of preparation, scorched in the last 5 minutes! They didn't taste burnt, so I served them anyways.
I provided roasted chickpeas with the salad to give it a bit more body, since onion soup is a bit thin, baguettes aren't exactly filling, and there wasn't a ton of pate. I love eating these chickpeas while watching a movie, but it's very easy to eat way more calories than you intended! The recipe is from Vegan Lunchbox.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis stylish banana clip is a trendy hair accessory designed to hold thick, long hair securely. Its smooth finish prevents breakage and allows you to create instant looks like a full bun, Apna Showroom Flexible Metal Hair Band Set of 5, Unisex Non-Slip Sports Headband & Face Wash Hair Band for Men, Women, Boys & Girls, Black Zigzag Wavy Hairband for Yoga, Chain Hairband, Exercise, Daily Styling & Hair Accessories
ReplyDeleteApna Showroom Dressing Hair Comb for Women, Kids, Girls, Ladies And Men - wide teeth hair comb for wet hair - Traveling Comb for Hair Light Weight with gifts
Apna Showroom Pavitra Gangajali Puja Lota Ganga Jal Kalash Patra 250 ML - from Har ki Pauri Brahmakund Haridwar Ganga Jal Water for Puja Container
a bun-twist, or a half-up style. Made from lightweight material, it ensures comfort even when worn for hours. Buy the best banana hair clip online and achieve a stylish look.