Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's that smell?

Asparagus! Tonite I served a spicy tofu and asparagus dish with a side salad and dessert. The recipe comes from Vegan Fire and Spice. It was not as spicy as I would have hoped. Actually it was not spicy at all. I added more pepper flakes to my plate. I was happy the asparagus stayed crispy. There is nothing worse than soggy asparagus in my book. I felt the meal was just "okay". I have definitely made better and will remember that if I cook this dish in the future, I will kick up the heat a notch or two or three.

Now dessert, that was my favorite part of the meal. Wow! This cake was delicious. A publishing company asked me to review some vegan cookbooks. The first book they sent was a vegan dessert cookbook. That's a tough job, bake some awesome desserts, eat them and then do a review on it. So, I decided to make the peanut butter cup cake. It was moist and delicious and tasted like peanut butter cups in a cake form. Oh my. I usually make a dessert for the weekend and never during the week. But since I need to bake some of the recipes in order to give the book a proper review, I thought it would be nice to share it with the co-op since all the other ladies have brought us such wonderful desserts. Next week shall be another dessert from the book. Cookies, cake, cheesecake? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment