Tuesday, May 4, 2010

African-themed tastiness tonight!

Tonight is an African-themed meal, with Seven Vegetable Couscous from Vegan Fire & Spice and Baked Tofu with Peanut Sauce. Actually, it's only Five Vegetable Couscous, since I left out the zucchini & peas at David's request. I added extra chickpeas to make up for it. Either way, I am *really* loving the spice mix! I kept the cayenne low, and it just has a hint of kick, which will be perfect for Graiden.

The baked tofu is from a recipe I found at VegetarianTimes.com, and the sauce is so creamy! It's probably a bit too spicy for Graiden, but David & I ate it up. I modified the recipe by leaving out the suggested okra since we have a main course of almost entirely vegetables. Next time, I will use frozen/thawed tofu to keep the tofu from being so squishy. Right now, there isn't much texture contrast between the tofu & the sauce!

Oh, and I had some extra chocolate chip cookies from a batch I made this morning, so I've included a few with the meal. Not authentic, but always tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment