Friday, April 16, 2010

Southern Style Mustard Greens & Blackeyed Peas


This week for my co-op meal, I served a Southern style mustard green and blackeyed pea dish. When I was cooking this dish, Josh tried a bit and informed me that it was spicy. After eating it last night, I did not find it spicy at all. Flavorful but not spicy. I added tempeh to the recipe. I think I will try seitan in it next time. I was not very fond of the tempeh in this dish. The greens and peas were served over brown rice with a side of sweet cornbread. It was a recipe I created using mustard greens from our garden. Yay for food travelling zero miles! I liked the dish but think that it would have been better a little more spicy. Maybe a jalapeno would have been nice. The cost for the meal was low, around $12.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so delicious. I would love to make it in a couple of weeks. I will probably make it without tempeh or seitan, my general feeling is if it's already beans, leave it beans! Are you trying to write a cookbook? If not, you should have a simple recipe blog, because I keep wanting to file away stuff to make in the future! Although I am horrible at recipe-making. I always change it up :)

    Could you possibly send me some inspiration recipes for this dish?

    ReplyDelete