Monday, April 5, 2010

Chili!

For tonight's meal I made chili sin carne al mole from Vegan with a Vengeance. It's a dark, saucy chili, flavored with mole.



My dad is an expert chili maker and I've been wanting to perfect a vegan version that will be my expert recipe in the years to come. Though this is good, I'm not sure it's "it". However, I will definitely take some tips from this recipe. It's good. It was a little spicy for my taste, but my David loved that.

I served the chili with maple corn muffins (I loved this recipe from Vegetarian Times; they're made with corn kernels in the batter) and chard tossed with olive oil and lemon juice (ala Jamie Oliver).

3 comments:

  1. This was pretty warm for us, too, but my David loved it. Almost too spicy for me, and definitely too spicy for Graiden. The flavor was great though.

    What was the "beef?" Gardein? We liked it!

    Corn muffins were gone in the blink of an eye! I prefer my corn muffins more savory, but I love it when there's corn bits in the batter. Chopped jalepenos would have sent me to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was purchased Seitan (white wave?). Yes, I only used one jalapeno, but since it sat overnight it got pretty spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved it. I love hot and spicy, so this was perfect.

    ReplyDelete